April 14, 2008

38 Weeks

I made it to 38 weeks and 1 day. Now I'm officially at term. I did have another scare last week, on Wednesday, I think. After the first false labor, I decided to only go to the hospital if either my water broke or my contractions were strong AND painful. Well on Wednesday (I think) I was having severe abdominal pain that was not going away and was getting even worse with contractions and baby's movements. I called the hospital and they told me to come in and there they put me on the monitor. The monitor didn't show regular contractions and my dilation was not changing. After about 2 hours they sent me home again. I was so embarrassed! The abdominal pain continued for the next 2 days and 2 nights and was very severe. I couldn't sleep more than a couple of hours at night and couldn't eat much. I realized at some point that it was a severe case of heartburn and stomach pain, which is not unusual during pregnancy. After 3 days and 2 nights of pain, I finally felt better.
Now I am determined to not go to the hospital unless I am very very sure it is the time.
My next appointment with my OB is on Wednesday, April 16. She said that if she finds me at 4 or 5 cm, she will probably just admit me in the hospital and break my water, which is what I kind of hope will happen. April 16 is a perfect day to give birth, it's Pope Benedict's birthday! Lucky day!
We'll see what happens. I do feel ready!

No comments: