May 16, 2007

Teddy's Blog

I've updated Teddy's blog with the new books he has read lately and the ones we read to him. I will just use his blog to keep track of his reading. He won't be writing in it himself until he's older and able to do it independently.
Teddy has been going through this phase where he didn't want to read anymore and I've been worried about it. I tried everything I could think of to make him read: stickers on a chart, 25 cents per chapter and so on. Nothing really worked. I recently took him to the library and allowed him to choose the books that looked interesting to him (with very little guidance on my part) and I also promised him a Jack in the Box milk shake or cheese burger for every book he finishes. That did it apparently. I only rarely buy them fast food (about 1-2 times a month) and only if they've been good so this sounds like a very good deal to him. I just hope it will last.

No comments: