November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Dinner


The Thanksgiving dinner was a success this year. I think this was the first year when everything turned out good (the food I mean). The secret is that I have the same menu and recipes that I do every year so now I know how to do them well. Every year I write some notes on the margins to help me avoid the same mistakes or to change things the next time I do it.
This is my Thanksgiving menu:
Rosemary Roasted Turkey, Rosemary Mashed Potatoes with Yams, Cranberry Sauce with Brandy or Orange Juice, Stuffing with mushrooms and breadcrumbs and a simple gravy. I also serve Portobello Mushrooms with red pepper and parmesan filling as an appertizer or side dish.
All these recipes are from www.allrecipes.com
The only thing that I will do different next year is that I will get a babysitter to watch the kids.

No comments: