August 06, 2006

Alex at 3 weeks

Alex is 3 weeks old today. His weight is now a little over 4 kg (8 lbs 14 oz). He recently started sleeping less and crying and eating more.
The first 2 weeks were very easy. He was sleeping most of the time and was only waking up twice during the night and usually was going back to sleep. Now he wakes up 4-5 times a night and stays awake for at least 1 hour. Last night he spit up all over himself, he made my bed wet my shirt...it was a big mess. I kept covering the messes with blankets etc so I didn't have to get out of bed. I have forgotten how much fun nights are with newborn babies. At least I don't have to prepare/warm formula, that would have made it even harder.
My mom and Dominic are offering to help sometimes but there's not much they can do. I try not to bother them during the night so they are rested during the day and help me then. They have been a great help since Alex was born. My mom mostly takes care of Cecilia and also does most of the housework and cooking. Dominic has been doing a lot of fun stuff with the boys on weekends and in the evenings. They go on long bike rides or do other fun stuff. It helps to have them out of the house every once in a while (the boys I mean not Dominic ), they can be very rough and noisy (but what can one expect from an 8 year old and a 5 year old boy).

No comments: